Thursday 5 March 2009

sod'em

Like Kate and Jim suggested I have been thinking about it, and every one of you are right, I can't let some half wit win, he doesn't like me? Tough! Sincerely thank you all for your comments, I shall try and thicken the skin. I'm thinking I'm a bit mid life crisis-y anyway and it's time I pulled myself out of it.

This decision was come to last night while two thirds of the way through a bottle of Australian Riesling and while listening to one of my four favorite David Bowie albums (Diamond Dogs) A bit of death madness and genocide always puts me in a good mood :-)

Also yesterday was partly a lovely day (apparently it showed while I was in the garage refinishing yet another door, but I didn't see it so it doesn't count)

Earlier on I had been cleaning out the gutters as water was pouring from them in all the wrong places whenever it rained heavily (this is Wales, it's a miracle when it *doesn't* rain heavily).

I can see that many would not be keen on this, but it's so close to making mud pies I think its fun and really cheered me up. Apart from being up a ladder and the bright red boiler suit (I wanted a convict style orange one but couldn't find one on eBay) I could have been a kid again though I have heard kids don't make mud pies any more...

When I clean down all the outside 'paintwork' (it's all upvc but 'plasticwork' doesn't make any sense) in a few weeks, I shall have to reinstall all the said guttering as someone doesn't seem to have grasped which way it should slope, but in the meantime it's reasonably clean and hopefully the water will no longer cascade from the wrong end.

Hopefully now I can get back into the swing of posting but in the meantime I *must* do some work..

9 comments:

  1. Yay!

    I think this happens to every blogger at least once, early on. Someone leaves a snarky comment as if he or she has no idea that the blogger is actually a person and can be hurt by it. I think it makes us all take a step or two back when it happens. I'm glad you decided to stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Congratulations, Graham...., that is on your decision to continue blogging. I'm glad you're back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your point of view - can't live to suit everyone - so suit yourself and be done with it! :-)

    Great to hear you're enjoying all the work around the house you've gotten into! Nothing like a little hard work to break the muddle. In fact - if you really want to feel like a kid - just go out and stomp in a puddle - watching the water splash all over.

    All the best

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you decided to keep writing. I'm dealing with a nasty commenter myself, but like you said, "sod'em!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Large ear to ear grin from me, and everyone else when they get here after thinking 'I wonder if he decided to post again' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I'm glad you've decided to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - I've got a very nice grin on my face too! Along with a great big YESSS! And maybe a little happy dance (just a little one - don't want to scare the dogs! lol)

    So - A round of mud pies, for everyone! Could we have a spot of tea with them??? ;)

    Kate & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly. Phuque 'em if they can't take a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to have you back, laddie.

    ReplyDelete