Monday 9 February 2009

OK its gone too far

As this is only my second entry I was going to do something quirky & fun, maybe about listening to the mint  David Bowie vinyl I just scored off eBay.

BUT this evening I was kind of watching BBC2. The BBC, greatest broadcaster in the world, all other countries envy us, jewel in the crown, blah blah blah

Wake up and smell the coffee. 

This program was called Moses Jones, and if you haven't seen it, DON'T. I'm sure in BBC speak it deals with adult themes in a robust and forthright way or some such tosh. I wasnt particularly paying attention until a scene where a woman in a restaurant gets attacked. Now I'm not going into details, I dont want to give you nightmares, though I probably will have them. Just to say that it was the most vile disgusting and sickening thing I have ever seen on television, and if this is what now passes for entertainment, then we are all going to hell in a handbasket.

The BBC of late has shown some staggering lapses of taste and judgement but this is so far over the line it beggers belief. I have always been against the twin 'C' words (control and censorship!) but like bankers if our broadcasters cant behave with 'taste and decency' then maybe it's time they were made to, we are after all (like the bankers) paying for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment