Wednesday 25 February 2009

don't read if easily bored.

I left mentioning this for a while as it angered me so much I was sure I would be even less coherent then usual.

Of course I'm talking of this outrage from the BBC  from the other week. As I thought I had the usual namby pamby reply from them trying to justify the unjustifiable. 

But what REALLY took the biscuit for me was the assertion that everything shown was carefully researched and had been carried out by LRA troops in Uganda. So that makes it OK.

Folks there is no hope for any of us. According to the BBC anything at all is acceptable to be shown on television as long as it has been carried out by some paramilitary group somewhere in the world. Just think about that. 

This is some sort of London cop series, it had Dennis Waterman in it which was the only reason I was watching it anyway. (I won't make that mistake again). It wasn't some ghastly documentary, not that even that would make it acceptable.

I could go on and on about this, but you'll be bored rigid. Needless to say I wrote back and told them what I thought of their 'justification' 

I also (actually wrote!) a formal letter of complaint to Ofcom.  Next will be the Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP,  the minister for culture media and sport (no I'd never heard of him either) the prime minister and anyone else I can think of.

Hopefully I'll have something fun to write about later on.

1 comment:

  1. Ink to paper! Sometimes somebody just has to say what needs to be said and do it officially.

    ReplyDelete