Monday 20 April 2009

MIA

I know there's no excuse, but I have been busy decorating the hallway and cloakroom, and no it's not finished even now, but at least the end is in sight and I am thinking of the next project.

The pine ceilings look terrific, I was doing the edging yesterday and a coat or two of matt varnish will be all that's then needed. So far I'd say the place is looking more ultra fashionable 50's rather then the early 70's which is what I was aiming for, but we'll see..

And I cannot find the right light fitting for the hall. The trouble is compact fluorescent bulbs may be very worthy and *might* be eco friendly but he light they give is so damn *dull*. It looks OK in table lamps mostly, as long as you use a coloured shade but the ceiling, yuk!

I've also been slightly devastated at coming to the end of the mammoth Stargate boxed set which we have to have been watching nightly for the last 9 months (!) Although I hated the last series of baddies (the dreary Ori) The movies though were brilliant, particularly 'Continuum' and I'm thrilled to hear the go ahead has been given to the third (yet to be named) movie and it'll be (yipee!) about Richard Dean Anderson's character Jack O Neil. Sorry, while I loved Farscape, Ben Browder just didn't cut it for me in SG1.

So now we are watching Stargate Atlantis which I never really did see when it was broadcast (and mostly so far looking forward to the 'crossover' that occurs later in the series) I love the Marilyn Manson look alike baddies though :-).

Also looking forward with some trepidation to Stargate Universe which is on its way though it sounds slightly dark and alarming and Robert Carlyle strikes me as a 'risky' lead. We shall see..

Now it's a lovely day and sooner or later I shall have to get to grips with the garden in earnest but right now Sainsbury's calls..

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to see all of Farscape. Quite a few of them, but I need to go back and watch them all in order. After that, time to go back and re-watch DS9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know - I don't check for a couple of days and you've posted twice!

    Can't wait to see pics of the ceiling, Graham! It's all so exciting - the way you move from one project to another with hardly a moments breath.

    When you're done - come on over. I've got a few projects for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking a coloured shade might be just the ticket for a compact fluorescent bulb in the ceiling, a Japanese parasol-shaped shade, maybe, in a colour to compliment the wood. Just a thought...
    ;-) Hugs, ~ Sil

    ReplyDelete